|Posted on September 26, 2011 at 9:25 PM|
"This is to help Us all to find Our Similarities and is not intended to Heighten Our Differences. These 16 Truths are Ancient in their Origins.They encompass the Basic Beliefs of All World Religions in some form or phrasing. These "Truths" are African in their origin,and are testimony to the Spiritual Sophistry of the Traditional African Religions (pre-"Christian" and pre-"Islam") that have existed for over 10,000 years. Feedback is welcomed...Enjoy"
- Please read full credits below . . .
The Sixteen Truths of IFA (intended to Share and not cause conflict)
The Sixteen Truths of IFA
1. There is a single Supreme God.
2. There is no "Devil" or Absolute Evil.
3. Heaven is "Home", and Earth is the "Market Place". We are in constant passage between the two.
4. We are Reborn through your Blood Relatives.
5. It is Our Birthright to be Happy, Successful, and Fulfilled.
6. We should Grow and Obtain Wisdom in Our Lifetime.
7. Except for the day that We are Born and the day We are Supposed to Die, there is No Single Event in Our Life that cannot be forecast and when necessary, Changed.
8. Sacrifice guarantees Our Success in This Life.
9. Our Ancestors are Alive Spiritually and must be Honored.
10. We are a part of this Universe in a Literal Sense.
11. We must never Harm the very Universe of which We are a Part.
12. We must never initiate Harm to another Being.
13. Our Temporal and Spiritual Capacities must Work Together.
14. We are born with Specific Path that We Have Chosen. Our goal is to Travel it Well. Divination provides Us with a Road Map.
15. The Orisha Live within Us.
16. We have no Need to Fear
"Please mention that these came "through" and are not by me (Baba Ifalade)*. These 16 largely came from a collection of Elders. Oluwo Afolabi Epega figuring prominently in the group. Thank you for re-posting.* I fully welcome any other "16" that any other may have. This is an attempt to give Us a full and adequate definition of Common Ground. From "basics" like this example, we can come to better envision the similarities encompassed in one another's Body of Knowledge - even when there are differences of Region or Time-line. - Baba Ifalade"
* I, Ale OmoOsun, asked Baba Ifalade's permission to re-posts this valuable information on the BeadZoneJewelry.com Blog Page.